Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has reshaped its MBA curriculum to meet the changing requirements of the industry. The University has also added experts in the field of academics from management institutions and practitioners to meet the modifications in curriculum model set by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Candidates can apply for admission on the official admission website before September 9.
Sharing the details of the modified MBA programme, Professor Nayantara Padhi, Programme Coordinator (MBA), School of Management Studies, IGNOU said, “In order to meet the industry as well as employment market requirements, the management faculty has completely restructured the MBA programme. The restructuring was done with the involvement of some of the top academicians from premier management institutions and practitioners, keeping in view the AICTE model curriculum.”
8 key points of the revamped MBA programme
- The MBA programmes being offered by IGNOU with AICTE recognition to be at par with the MBA programmes offered by conventional universities and MBA institutes of repute.
- There are five specialisations in MBA being offered by the university: Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Operations Management, Marketing Management and Services Management. All the programmes will be available in hybrid mode.
- Candidates need not qualify in any entrance examination for admission to these programs. Any graduate (minimum 3 years duration) with 50% marks (45% for reserved category) can directly apply for the programme. Prior experience is also not a requisitie.
- The tenure of the programmes has been set at a minimum 2 years and maximum 4 years. All the courses consist of four semesters split into seven courses each. Students can earn a total of 116 credits for any of the courses.
- The course fees per semester is Rs 15,500.
- Learners will enjoy the benefit of counseling from academic counselors across the country. They can access the electronic course materials, as well as the printed ones. Apart from these, they can watch interactive video lectures through the Gyan Darshan channel and listen to interactive lectures through Gyan Vani FM channel.
- All the courses have been completely revised and are up-to-date with the latest theories, facts and figures.
- The programme is structured to be beneficial to fresh graduates for getting employment, while working professionals get the benefit of value addition in terms of knowledge.