The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) has begun the application process for its FSSAI Internship Scheme 2022 and the last date for submitting online applications is December 13 2021.
FSSAI is a statutory body established under the Food Safety & Standards Act, 2006 under the aegis of the ministry of health & family welfare, Government of India and is responsible for ensuring food safety and compliance to food standards across the country.
The FSSAI internship programme will provide interns with unique learning opportunities in various areas of food regulation and food safety administration. Candidates pursuing a full-time graduate, postgraduate degree or higher from a recognised institute within India or abroad, in any of the following courses.
- Candidates pursuing PG degree/BTech or BE from a recognised university or institute in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Technology, Food Science & Technology, Food & Nutrition, Edible Oil Technology, Microbiology, Dairy Technology, Agricultural, Horticultural Sciences, Industrial Microbiology, Toxicology, Public Health, Life Science, Biotechnology, Fruit & Vegetable Technology, Food Safety & Quality Assurance are eligible.
- Students of Business Administration & Management, including policy regulation and related fields.
- Candidates with a PG Diploma or a degree in Journalism, Mass Communication and Public Relations.
- BE or BTech in Computer Science or Information Technology Software Engineering or related Stream.
- Postgraduate degree/diploma in Public Policy Public Administration.
- Bachelor or Master of Law.
Students in third and fourth-year of Bachelor’s programmes in Food Technology or related fields can also apply.
The internship will be offered for a duration of three months and might be extended to a maximum period of six months. No internship of duration less than a month will be offered.
Interns are required to have their own laptops. FSSAI shall provide working space, internet facility and other necessities. FSSAI will not cover local lodging and travel facilities. A stipend of Rs 10,000 for the internship period will be given to deserving interns on the recommendation of the office or division that they work with. Deserving interns for the stipend will be decided based on their attendance, assessment by their respective reporting officers and evaluation of the report by the committee.
Internships to be offered in the following States :
- FSSAI (HQ), FDA Bhawan, Katia Road New Delhi- 110002
- FSSAI (Northern Region), C/o National Food Laboratory, Ahinsa Khand-II, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Next to CISF Camp, Uttar Pradesh-201014.
- FSSAI (Western Region), HallMark Business Plaza, Sant Dyaneshwar Marg, Opp. Gurunanak Hospital Road, Bandra (East), Mumbai- 400051.
- FSSAI (Southern Region), Central Documentation Complex, (South Wing), Chennai Port Trust, Rajaji Salai, Chennai.
- FSSAI (Eastern Region), Benfish Tower, sixth floor, 31 G N Block, Sector-V, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700091.
- National Food Laboratory, Ahinsa Khand-11, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad, Next to CISF Camp, Uttar Pradesh-201014.
- National Food Laboratory, 3, Kyd Street, Kolkata-700016.
All candidates will be awarded a certificate on successful completion of the internship.
Announcement of shortlisted candidates will be made on December 23, 2021 and the date of joining for the offered internship is January 3, 2021.
Candidates can register through the link below : https://fssai.gov.in/internship/index.php