The Common Management Aptitude Test (CMAT) 2022 is just hours away.
The national-level entrance examination for Master of Business Administration (MBA) and Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) has been conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) since 2018. CMAT scores are taken into consideration for admission to all AICTE-recognised business schools.
Edugraph shares some important details for CMAT candidates ahead of the exam.
Exam date and time
The CMAT 2022 exam will conducted in a single shift on April 9, between 3pm and 6pm.
Examinees will not be allowed to exit the exam hall for the entire duration of the exam.
Exam day guidelines
- Reporting time: The exam is scheduled to begin at 3pm. Examinees should report to the centre at least an hour before the exam commences.
- What to carry: Admit card for CMAT 2022, valid ID Proof (driving licence/passport/PAN Card/Voter ID Card/Aadhar Card), passport-size photograph that matches the photo on the application form, blue or black ballpoint pen, mask and hand sanitiser. Persons with disability (PwD) must carry an authorised PwD certificate.
- What is not allowed in the exam hall: Test-takers are prohibited from carrying personal items, including wristwatches, mobile phones and calculators.
- What is provided: Test-takers will be provided a sheet for calculation work which has to be returned to the invigilator post-exam.
CMAT admit cards have been available for download since April 6.
Here is how it can be downloaded:
- Go to the cmat.nta.nic.in
- Click on the ‘Download Admit Card’ link
- Enter your application number, date of birth and security PIN (generated by the website).
- View and check the admit card details.
- Download the admit card.
- Print the downloaded admit card.
· Exam centres for CMAT 2022 are spread across 125 cities in all states and union territories. While filling out the application form, test takers had the option of selecting up to four cities. The exam centre allotted to the candidate would be mentioned on their admit cards.
Exam pattern and marking scheme
The NTA has revised the exam pattern and marking scheme for CMAT 2022. Here are the details:
- Mode of exam: CMAT is a computer-based test (CBT) that must be taken at assigned exam centres.
- Medium of exam: English is the only language the test is conducted in.
- Duration of exam: Test-takers will get 180 minutes (three hours) to complete the CMAT. There is no sectional time limit. Visually impaired candidates or candidates with cerebral palsy candidates are allowed the services of a scribe or reader and given an extra hour.
- Number of sections: The paper is divided into five sections — Language Comprehensions, Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, General Awareness and Innovation & Entrepreneurship. All five sections are mandatory and candidates can switch between segments when answering the paper.
- Question format: The paper is in a Multiple-Choice Question (MCQ) format.
- Number of questions: The paper has a total of 100 questions. Each of the five segments has 20 questions.
- Marking scheme of exam: Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each right answer. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The paper is 400 marks in total with each section carrying a maximum of 80 marks.
Unlike CMAT 2021, the percentile score calculation for CMAT 2022 will include the Innovation and Entrepreneurship section.
The questions of the CMAT exam cover the five sections mentioned above. Here are the important topics for each of the sections and subsections:
- Language Comprehensions: Antonyms, English usage errors, grammar, idioms and phrases, jumbled paragraphs, one-word substitution, paragraph completion, phrases, reading comprehension, sentence correction, sentence improvement and synonyms.
- Quantitative Techniques: Triangles, circles, parallelograms, polygons, mensuration – 2D and 3D, functions, inequalities, polynomial expressions, surds & indices, quadratic equations, profit loss & discount, simple interest (SI)/compound interest (CI), time speed & distance, time & work, mixtures & allegation, percentage & ratios, highest common factor (HCF), least common multiple (LCM), number series, comparison of numbers, number of zeros, remainder theorem, unit’s digit, probability and permutation & combination.
- Data Interpretation: Tabular data, caselets, bar graphs, pie charts, combination graphs/ charts, tabular data & chart/ graph, line/ trend graphs and missing data.
- Logical Reasoning: Critical reasoning, visual reasoning, seating arrangement, number series, direction, blood relations, sequencing, symbol-based problems, clocks & calendars, analogy test, cause & effects, ranking tests, statements & assumptions, identifying valid inferences, identifying arguments, statements & conclusions, cause & effect, true & false, matrix arrangements and non-verbal reasoning.
- General Awareness: Current affairs of the national economy, business, current affairs of the international economy, personalities in news, major corporate events, famous awards & prizes, world records, books & authors, economics, history, geography, international organizations, important quotations, trade awareness, sports news, finance, Indian constitution, culture, politics and science in everyday life.
- Innovation- innovation adoption of life cycle, innovation project management, product portfolio, innovation strategy, three types of idea management systems, innovation management terms & concepts and creativity & stimulation.
- Entrepreneurship- banking and financing; financial institutions and their role in entrepreneurship promotion; the role of the Indian government in promoting entrepreneurship & skill development; development, procedural requirements, identification of problems in the implementation of a business idea; venture capital investments & funds; feasibility studies (technical, social, environmental, economic) of project management; cost-benefit analysis; the role of entrepreneurs in the development of the Indian economy and entrepreneurial development: concepts & characteristics of entrepreneurs, intrapreneur, entrepreneurship.
The date of the result for CMAT 2022 is yet to be announced, however, it is expected to be within two to three weeks of the exam. The result, in the form of a scorecard, will contain the overall score, sectional scores and overall percentile of the candidates. It is expected that the answer key will be released at a similar time as the result.