With only a month left for registrations to close for the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), students interested in pursuing a law programme are busy with preparations.
CLAT 2022 scores will be accepted for admission to the five-year integrated LLB programmes and one-year LLM courses offered at National Law Universities (NLUs) across India.
Here’s everything you need to know about the registration process and important dates for CLAT 2022.
· Last date to apply: May 9
· Exam to be held on June 19 at 2pm and 4pm for both LLB and LLM programmes
How to apply for CLAT 2022
Step 1: Go to the official website of consortium consortiumofnlus.ac.in.
Step 2: Click on CLAT 2022.
Step 3: Register yourself as a new user.
Step 4: Now enter personal, academic details, communication details along with NLU preferences in the CLAT application form.
Step 5: Click on ‘Submit’.
Step 6: Pay the CLAT registration fee via net banking or debit card.
Eligibility criteria for LLB
· There is no upper age limit for UG programme in CLAT 2022.
· A minimum 45% marks or its equivalent grade in Class XII is required for candidates belonging to General / OBC / PWD / NRI / PIO / OCI categories.
· For candidates belonging to SC/ST categories, 40% marks or equivalent grade in Class XII is required.
· Candidates who appear for Class XII examination in March/April, 2022 are also eligible to appear in CLAT 2022 examination. However, they shall be required to produce evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
In case of equal marks obtained in CLAT-UG, the following procedure will be followed to break the tie:
· Candidates who obtain higher marks in legal aptitude in the CLAT 2022 exam will be preferred
· If the tie still doesn’t break, then the older candidate will get admission
· A computerised draw of lots will be used if the first two steps fail to break the tie
Eligibility criteria for LLM
· An LLB degree or an equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grade for candidates belonging to General/OBC/PWD/NRI/PIO/OCI categories.
· For candidates belonging to SC/ST category, a minimum of 45% marks or its equivalent grade is required in LLB degree or equivalent examination.
· Candidates appearing in the LLB final-year examination in April/May 2022 are also eligible to apply.
· No upper age limit is prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2022.
Tie Breaker Rule:
· In case of equal marks, the older candidate will be preferred
· Computerised draw of lots will be used if the candidates are of the same age
Exam duration and pattern
Duration: 2 hours for LLB and LLM
Maximum marks: 150 for LLB and 120 for LLM
Marking: CLAT exams for LLB and LLM will carry 150 and 120 questions respectively, with each question carrying one mark. For each correct answer, the candidate will get one mark and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
You can check the website https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2022/ for study material, syllabus and guide.