The BITS School of Management (BITSoM), the Mumbai-based new age business school has announced the formation of its industry advisory council with the objective of achieving a high level of industry integration into its curriculum, and experiential learning components of the MBA programme.
The council will further sharpen the programme design and relevance to the needs of industry and also advise the B-School on building executive programmes on applied research initiatives.
The members of the council are all accomplished industry leaders and represent a range of industries and functional expertise.
According to Ranjan Banerjee, dean, BITSoM, the relevance of the curriculum and experiential learning are two core elements of their philosophy, and the council will provide valuable guidance and insights to help them realise this ambition.
The role of council includes:
- Industry input and advice on specialised courses, and the curriculum for the flagship two-year MBA programme.
- Help and advice on live projects, workshops, and bootcamps that form the experiential learning component of the MBA programme.
- Help with internships, placements and the student mentorship programme.
- Advice and help on building industry specific and custom executive education programmes.
- Applied research initiatives and corporate partnered labs.
The council l will meet once a quarter and actively brainstorm on these topics.
The council will include Bhaskar Das, ex-president, The Times of India, Brajesh Bajpai, commercial director, Vodacom Africa, Deepali Naair, CMO, IBM, Haresh Chawla, partner, True North, Mohan Natarajan, managing director and head India, Avista Advisory, Rajkamal Vempati, CHRO, Axis Bank, Sachin Kotak, partner, Bain & Company, Shantanu Bhanja, CEO, Pidilite (consumer products), Shiv Shivakumar, group executive president, Aditya Birla Group, Vivek Sunder, CEO, Cuemath and VS Ram, former CEO, Asian PPG Industries Ltd.