The Bihar cabinet has approved a project worth over Rs 4,606 crore in collaboration with Tata Technologies on December 28, in order to modernise and upgrade 149 State-owned Industrial Training Institutes to Centres of Excellence.
The project will be executed in collaboration with Tata Technologies, said cabinet secretariat additional chief secretary, Sanjay Kumar.
“The State government will soon sign a memorandum of association (MoA) with Tata Technologies in this regard. The company will spend 88% of the cost and the rest 12% will be borne by the State, to modernise the institutes in order to impart advanced training to youths,” Kumar said.
Tata Technologies has agreed to upgrade all 149 government-owned ITIs across the state, he added.
Sixty of the buildings and other necessary infrastructure will be modernised in the first phase by March 2022. Kumar said that the exercise for the remaining 89 facilities will be completed by March 2023.
Tata Technologies is a popular international engineering and product development digital services company that aims on fulfilling its mission of helping the world drive, build and farm by providing manufacturing clients across automotive, industrial machinery and aerospace verticals to realise better products and drive efficiencies in their businesses. Therefore, leading clients to the development of products which are better for the end customer, environment and society.
The offerings of Tata Technologies are delivered through two lines of business: Engineering, Research and Development (ER&D) services, and Digital Enterprise Solutions which includes offerings in Connected Enterprise IT (CEIT) and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) services and products.
The Bihar government has lately also joined hands with Tata Technology and decided to launch six new courses on new advanced technology in 2022. The courses are going to be job-oriented and will include arc welding and industrial robotics, IoT and digital instrumentation, electric vehicle training, IT and design, all types of repair and maintenance, machining and manufacturing advisor, and modern methods of plumbing.
The labour resources minister in the state Jivesh Kumar Mishra had said that the ITI upgradation is being done rapidly and focused on providing jobs to the youth of Bihar.