The National Testing Agency (NTA) has begun the registration process for IGNOU’s PhD Entrance Exam 2021 for admission to Doctorate level courses offered by the Indira Gandhi National Open University.
The registration process will continue till December 18, 2021 and the entrance exams are scheduled to be held on January 18, 2022.
Aspiring candidates can apply for the exams online via http://ignou.ac.in/. The online application fee is Rs 1,000 for General (UR), OBC-(NCL), General-EWS category candidates and the fee for SC, ST, PwD and third gender candidates is Rs 800.
- December 23, 2021 - Last date for payment of application fee
- December 24, 2021 - Correction window opens for application form
- December 26, 2021 - Correction window ends for application form
- January 16, 2022 - IGNOU PhD Entrance Test 2021
How to register:
- Step 1: Log onto the exam portal i.e. ignou.nta.ac.in
- Step 2: Scroll down and click on the link for 'IGNOU PhD Registration 2021.'
- Step 3: Locate and click on the ‘New Registration’ button at the end
- Step 4: Register yourself on the portal by providing basic personal details
- Step 5: Log onto the portal using your newly created credentials
- Step 6: You will be sent to the detailed application form page of the website
- Step 7: Provide all the necessary personal and academic details in the form
- Step 8: Fill the online application with your qualification details
- Step 9: Upload scanned images of your photograph and signature as per the specified format
- Step 10: Pay fees via online payment mode
- Step 11: Download the application confirmation page and save it on your device
According to IGNOU, the exams will be a computer-based test and will be held over a duration of three hours. Candidates will have to answer a total of 100 questions where 50% of the questions will be on Research Methodology while the rest will be on specific subjects.
Each question will carry four marks, and there will be no negative marking.