The Swedish Institute (SI) is offering scholarships to about 350 international students who wish to pursue postgraduate degree courses in Sweden.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals, funded by the Swedish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to positive and sustainable growth in their home countries and regions.
In 2022, students can choose from a total of 1,142 Masters programmes that fall under the ambit of the scholarship scheme.
The scholarship offers students a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically. Candidates are exposed to the Swedish society and culture, with an opportunity to build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders from different countries.
- Candidate’s Resume
- Letters of reference from previous employers or institutions
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of valid passport and National ID card
- Motivation letter
The scholarship covers the following:
- Full tuition fee. The fee is paid directly by SI to the concerned Swedish university at the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) which is a platform to help students grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- At the conclusion of the course, students become members of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, one gets a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
The scholarship will not cover additional grants for family members and the application fee for university admissions. It is only available for eligible programmes starting in the autumn semester of 2022. Only about 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship annually.