The deadline to enrol for the National Council for Hotel Management Joint Entrance Examination (NCHM JEE) 2022, held annually for admissions to hotel management courses, has been extended till May 16, the National Testing Agency (NTA) said in a notification.
NTA will conduct NCHM JEE 2022 in the computer-based (CBT) mode on June 18 for admissions to BSc Hospitality & Hotel Administration, MSc Hospitality Administration and other Diploma and Certificate courses in hotel management offered by Central, state-run and private institutes.
Through this exam students can get seats in 21 Central institutes of hotel management, 27 state institutes of hotel management, one public sector undertaking and 29 private institutes of hotel management. All these institutes are affiliated to the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHM&CT), an autonomous body under the Union ministry of tourism.
· Students must visit the home page of NCHM JEE 2022 at: https://nchmjee.nta.nic.in
· Click on ‘Registration for NCHM JEE 2022’, which will lead you to the registration portal.
· Click on ‘New Registration’, which will lead you to the page for online registration.
· Click on ‘Click here to proceed’.
· Fill the application form with the necessary details.
· Pay the registration fee using Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, or Paytm Services.
The correction window for the applicants will be open from May 18 to 20.
Details of examination:
Language: The examination will be held in the CBT mode in both Hindi and English.
Duration: The examination will be three-hour-long.
The exam will consist of 200 objective multiple-choice questions. Each correct answer is worth four marks. One mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The question paper is divided into five parts.
· The ‘Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude’ section has 30 questions.
· The ‘Reasoning and Logical Deduction’ section has 30 questions.
· The ‘General Knowledge & Current Affairs’ section has 30 questions.
· The ‘English Language’ section has 60 questions.
· The ‘Aptitude for Service Sector’ section has 50 questions.
The marking ‘Service Sector Aptitude’ will depend on the most appropriate answer.