The National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute (NABI), an autonomous Institute under the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India is conducting walk-in interviews for an internship position of two months in Bengaluru.
NABI aims at catalysing the transformation of the agri-food sector in India by being a nodal organisation for knowledge generation and translational science leading to value-added products based on Agri-Food biotech innovations for improved household nutritional security.
The food and Nutritional Biotechnology division at NABI requires personnel as a part of their Scientific Social Responsibility.
There are six internship positions vacant and candidates with an undergraduate degree in Engineering and postgraduate degree in Science are only eligible for the internship. Candidates with Chemistry, Botany, Life Sciences, Biotechnology or Biochemistry as their background are best suited for the role.
Those selected for the internship will get a fixed stipend of Rs. 5,000 each month.
The six roles available:
- Development of Glycoconjugates based site-directed fluorescent sensor for the detection of bacteria CRG.
- Genomics-guided exploration of polyketide synthases for sustainable production of long-chain omega-3 fatty acid via metabolic engineering.
- Genomic approaches to reduce β-ODABP levels in Lathyrus spp.
- Development of microalgae-based feed supplement for enhanced bioavailability of essential micronutrients for monogastric animals.
- Elucidating the role of wheat ferroportin during cellular iron homeostasis.
- Mining non-host resistance (NHR) genes for engineering Alternaria Blight resistance in Indian Mustard.
How to apply :
- All interested candidates may appear for the walk-in-interview at the National Agri-Food Biotechnology Institute at Knowledge city, Sector-81, Mohali- 140306, Punjab on November 23, 2021 at 9am, along with the filled application form available on http://www.nabi.res.in/.
- Incomplete application forms and applications that are not in proper format may be summarily rejected.
- The applications should be submitted strictly as per prescribed format that can be downloaded from the NABI website.
- Candidates applying for more than one option can give their preference in the same application by ticking multiple options. No need to submit a separate application form for each option.
- Candidates should ensure that information mentioned in the application form is accurate. Once the application form is submitted no further request regarding any changes or information in the application form will be considered.
- The duly filled application form must be submitted at the time of registration at NABI from 9am-10am on November 23, 2021.
- The candidates must ascertain their eligibility before applying, as ineligible candidates will not be interviewed.
- All the candidates are requested to carry their application form, experience certificates, publications, and original degree certificates and transcripts.
- Canvassing in any form or bringing influence, political or otherwise, will lead to disqualification of the candidates.
- Candidates should strictly adhere to guidelines issued by World Health Organisation and Centre Gov orState Govt on Covid-19.