The Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) has begun its online application process for its fellowship examination 2021.
Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply through their online website. https://scigate.kerala.gov.in/fellowship/main.php
The scheme aims to encourage passionate postgraduates in science or engineering students by supporting them financially in their PhD studies.
What can students opt for:
- Mathematical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Earth-Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences
The KSCSTE fellowship candidates are selected based on a rigorous online examination among post-graduate students.
- Candidates who have qualified for the post-graduate degree after the year 2018 (including the year 2018) are eligible to apply.
- General (UR) or General-EWS and OBC candidates need at least 70% marks or equivalent CGPA. SC and ST, Persons with Disability need 65% marks or equivalent CGPA.
- Only candidates who have their qualifying degree from any of the Universities in Kerala are eligible.
- Upper age limit is a maximum 35 years (Should not exceed 35 years as of the 1st Dec 2021)
The online examination will be conducted at three centres across Kerala. There are two papers for the entrance examination. Part A is a general aptitude test (20 marks) and Part B is subject (50 marks). 20% of a candidate’s postgraduate score will also be taken into account, bringing the total marks to 90. There will be no negative marking.
The cut-off marks for selection to the fellowship is based on the number of fellowships available for each stream. For reservation candidates, there will be a 5% reduction in cut-off marks from that of the general and OBC candidates.
The maximum number of fellowships for 2021 in each subject is given below:
- Life Sciences - 14
- Chemical Sciences - 7
- Mathematical Sciences - 4
- Physical Sciences - 7
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences - 3
- Environmental Sciences - 3
- Engineering Sciences - 2
A non-refundable fee of Rs 750 is applicable for general candidates; it is free for SC or ST and Persons with disabilities.
Documents required :
- A passport size photo.
- Scanned image of your signature.
- MSc. or M.Tech Certificate (for 2019 graduates, a provisional certificate may be sufficient).
- MSc or MTech mark sheet.
- Proof of date of birth.
- Certificate to prove caste (for SC and ST candidates).
- Medical certificate (for differently-abled candidates) countersigned by the medical superintendent, CMO, head of the hospital.
The Last date to apply is December 30, 2021 and the examination date is on February 13, 2022. Exams will be conducted in Thiruvananthapuram, Kochi, Kozhikode.