Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur is inviting applications for a project associate to assist in a research project sponsored by the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB).
SERB has sponsored the project for the institute’s Biological Sciences and Bioengineering department.
The last date to apply for the position is November 30. The duration of the job is 11 months.
The selected candidate will be getting a salary of Rs 25,000-31,000, depending on the person’s qualification and experience. There will also be perks in keeping with the norms of the institute.
Eligibility criteria and application process for the position:
- Candidates with a B.Tech or Master’s degree in any discipline of Science and Technology are eligible to apply.
- The candidate must have a thorough understanding and skill set in LabVIEW programming, as well as prior experience in the programming language for interfacing and automation.
- Candidates with experience in Optics, Photonics and Opto-electronics would be favoured.
- Applications are to be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for Project Associate Position
- Along with the application form, the candidate should attach a soft copy of the CV and self-attested copies of relevant educational qualifications and experience certificates
- Applications should be submitted on or before November 30 by 5pm.
The post is temporary and on a contractual basis. Any extension will be considered purely on the basis of performance.
The SERB-sponsored project will focus on mechanisms of mTORC1 clustering on lysosome for nutrient sensing and their implications in diabetes probed with super-resolution microscopy.
The department of Biological Sciences and Bioengineering in IIT Kanpur was established in 2001 with the vision of conducting cutting-edge research and providing quality teaching and research training in basic biology, biomedical and bioengineering fields.
Here, the faculty and students come from a range of science and engineering disciplines and work in challenging problems that transcend the boundaries of science, engineering and medicine.
The department has completed 20 years in imparting knowledge and shaping the future of the youth in the fields of basic biology and bioengineering.