The Union ministry of electronics and information technology (MeitY) is inviting applications from eligible candidates for the DigiLocker Internship 2022. DigiLocker is an Indian digitization online service provided by MeitY under its Digital India initiative.
The virtual internship is six months long and selected candidates will be asked to work from home on the OpenForge platform. The internship aims to provide an opportunity for individuals to substantially contribute and learn from the National e-Governance Division’s work.
There will be no stipend for the interns, but participants will receive certificates upon successful completion of the internship period.
The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and research experience into the ministry’s IT department while enhancing skills in a diversified environment. Furthermore, it is an excellent opportunity to add practical work experience to one’s CV.
Interested and eligible candidates may apply for a range of opportunities that are available under the DigiLocker Internship.
Opportunities available under the DigiLocker Internship 2022:
- Front end development
- User interface (UI)/ User experience (UX)
- Graphic designer
- Product management
- IoS development: Candidates must have a Mac system with them
Terms and conditions for the DigiLocker Internship 2022:
- Candidates will be hired for a minimum of six months, with the possibility of an extension depending on the project’s needs.
- Internships are on a voluntary basis and interns are not entitled to a salary or a guarantee of employment at the end of the programme.
- No office space will be given; the interns will have to work from home.
- Interns will have to use the OpenForge platform for collaboration and submitting their work for review.
Internship certificates will be awarded to the selected candidates after the successful completion of the internship. Among the internship’s various benefits, contributing to DigiLocker can be a rewarding way to learn, teach, help and build experience.
Since Digilocker is a citizen-centric application built by the Government of India, contributing to this project will mean you are serving the citizens of India in providing better service delivery.
Those who want to apply can go though the official website for further information.