The Banaras Hindu University has initiated the Annie Besant Fellowship to encourage the dream of post graduate students to join PhD programmes in BHU, soon after the completion of their post graduate degrees. The scheme has been launched under the Institute of Eminence - BHU, programme. The scheme will also save the time of students transitioning from PG to PhD.
-Students in the final year of eligible postgraduate programmes are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
-They should be in the top 5 percentile with a CGPA of at least 8.5.
-This scholarship offer is contingent on the student achieving the specified minimum grades and CGPA in his or her final passing exam.
-Students accepted into this fellowship programme will be expected to complete their PhD thesis within four years from their date of registration.
Selected candidates will receive a JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) similar to the CSIR/UGC along the following terms:
- If a student qualifies for JRF/NET (UGC, CSIR, INSPIRE, etc.) within a year, BHU will award Rs.5000/- per month as a cash incentive.
- If the student does not qualify for JRF/NET (UGC, CSIR, INSPIRE, etc.), BHU will award the scholarship at the original rate in the 1st year. However, the student will be expected to qualify for the JRF within the year.
- If a student does not meet the JRF/NET (UGC, CSIR, INSPIRE, etc.) qualifications even in the second year, BHU will reduce the scholarship to 50% of the JRF rate from the second year.
- BHU will not provide top-up scholarships if a student receives a PMRF.
- All scholarship grants, whether 100% or 50% will cease at the completion of 4 years from date of registration.
HOW TO APPLY
Students willing to apply for the fellowship should fill in their applications and submit latest by 5 August 2022. The BHU will announce the Annie Besant Fellowship awardees for its current session by the middle of September.