With schools starting to open in almost all the States in the country after more than a year of holding classes online, there is another thing that is going to be unique for everyone. The Board exams for 2022 will be held twice, for most States at least.
CBSE has announced that it will conduct its Board exams twice a year and students will be appearing for them between November and December 2021.
Due to the pandemic, most State and Central Board examinations were cancelled and children were promoted without any exams, but this year, many State Boards have now decided to conduct offline exams.
Exams to conducted in different states :
- West Bengal’s education department has decided to conduct Class X and XII Boards in an offline mode in March 2022 to April, 2022 next year following COVID-19 safety protocols. Unlike CBSE, West Bengal will hold only one annual exam.
- The Class X exams or Secondary exams for the WB Board will take place from March 7 to March 16, 2022 in around 4,800 venues.
- The Higher Secondary or Class XII exams will be held between April 2 and April 20, 2022.
- The Bihar Secondary Education Board (BSEB) has reportedly decided that the Class X and XII Board exams for 2022 will be held twice. The first term exams will be in February 2022. This year, the Board exam pattern will also undergo significant changes to test the intellectual capacity of students.
- The exact date sheet will be released soon on the state board’s official website bihar board online.bihar.gov.in. The state board has concluded the Class X board exam registrations and released a dummy admit card on the official portal.
- Rajasthan Board will hold its Board exams twice this year. The RBSE timetable 2022 for Class X will be released on rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in. The Rajasthan Board exams dates for Classes X and XII will be released in the form of a PDF file. Last year, the exams were scheduled to be held from May, but were cancelled due to the pandemic.
- Jharkhand Academic Council (JAC) will conduct the Jharkhand Board Matric or Class X term-1 examination from December 7 while the intermediate examination will begin on December 9, 2021. The Council has already started the preparation for the examination and a detailed datasheet is expected to be released by next week at the official website at jac.nic.in.
- The Jharkhand Board exams 2022 for Classes X and XII will be conducted in a two-term pattern and the syllabus has been equally divided into two parts for each term. The first term exams will be based only on the first half of the syllabus and the remaining will be covered in the second part of the examination scheduled to be conducted between March 10, 2022 to 25, 2022 next year.
A similar pattern has also been adopted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to avoid the complications in exam conduction and evaluation in case of the possibility of another wave of COVID-19.
- The Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) has begun the online registration for the Maharashtra SSC or Class X Board exams 2022 on November 18, 2022.
- Applications can be submitted on the official website of the board, mahahsscboard.in. The last date to apply is December 9.
- The HSC Examination for session year 2021-22 will be held in April, 2022.
- The Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board is going to release the Karnataka SSLC timetable for the 2022 exams. The Board is going to be conducting these exams between March and April 2022.
- Private and regular students who are going to appear for the Karnataka Class X Board exams can check and download the time table on the official website.
- The intermediate first-year or Class XI exams in Telangana for the year 2019-20 took place from October 25- November 3, 2021. The exams took place amidst the widespread criticism as these students were already promoted to Class XII without exams. The State government, however, decided to go ahead with the exams. The second-year exam dates are yet to be released but are likely to take place around March 23, 2022.
- The CHSE Odisha timetable 2022 is published online on chseodisha.nic.in. The exam dates are expected to fall between March 18 and April 12, 2022, for Arts, Science and Commerce. CBSE-affiliated schools in Odisha will be having their Board exams twice.