The University of Delhi has announced the schedule of merit and entrance exam based admissions to the postgraduate programmes. The first merit list for the PG programmes is said to be released on November 17, 2021.
The departments and colleges under DU are to verify and approve the first round of admissions between November 18 to November 22, 2021, and the last date for fee payment is on November 23, 2021.
The admission process will be completed in three rounds. The second round of the allotment list will be released on November 26 and admissions are to be verified between November 27 to November 30, 2021. The last date for fee payment is December 3, 2021.
About 1,83,815 students have registered for postgraduate admissions in 2021.
Rules to break ties in allotment lists for both entrance and merit-based admissions:
- Candidates with higher marks in the qualifying exam will be preferred in the admission list, followed by
- Candidates with higher percentage in the final year of bachelor degree, then the preceding year and so on.
- If the tie remains, candidates with higher aggregate marks (five subjects including one language) in Class XII board examination will be given preference.
For each PG programme, there will be a separate application form.
Candidates must upload the following documents while registering:
- Passport size photograph, with maximum size 50KB.
- Scanned signature of the candidate with maximum size 50KB.
- A valid identification proof like aadhaar card, voter’s identity card, PAN card, passport or driving license.
- A self-attested Class X certificate to serve as proof of date of birth. The file size should not exceed 100KB.