The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched the ‘CBSE Science Challenge 2021-22’ for students of Classes VIII to X on January 17. The initiative has been introduced to “generate curiosity, enquiry and higher order thinking amongst the learners,” the Board stated in a circular.
This challenge will be available on the DIKSHA platform from January 17 to February 28, 2022 and students from any educational Board can participate in it.
“To access the challenge, schools affiliated to CBSE are required to register their students, provide CBSE registration IDs to students who can then join the ‘CBSE Science Challenge’ course on the DIKSHA platform. The students of schools not affiliated to the CBSE can directly access the course on DIKSHA platform,” the CBSE said.
School authorities can nominate five children from each class who have secured a participation certificate in the science challenge and qualified for the second stage. National qualifiers of the Raman Young Science Innovator Awards conducted by the RRI Trust can also participate in this challenge, CBSE informed. Students do not have to pay any registration fee for the challenge.
Instructions for CBSE schools to register their students:
Schools will have to visit cbse.gov.in and click on the link for the event to register their students. After that, registration IDs of the participants will be generated which will be required during the quiz.
“Please ensure that students have their correct names in the DIKSHA profile. Students should have the latest version of the DIKSHA app or access to the DIKSHA website to receive certificates,” the CBSE added.
Steps for students to participate:
- Students can access the course via DIKSHA portal on computer or via the DIKSHA app on their Android mobile. iPhone users can access the quiz on any mobile browser. They must have the latest version of the DIKSHA App from Playstore to access the quiz. In case they already have the DIKSHA App, it may be ensured that it is updated to the latest version by visiting Playstore.
- Students would be required to login to the portal/app using their existing DIKSHA credentials. If they do not have an account on DIKSHA, then they can register for the same by clicking on the “Register here” button on the page. They can also sign in with an existing Google account by clicking on the “Sign in with Google” button.
- The “CBSE Science Challenge” in English can be accessed via link: https://bit.ly/3nrpE2i and in Hindi: https://bit.ly/3K70gIZ. This will open the login page.
- On reaching the course’s home page, click on “Join Course”.
- Once they have joined the course, they will be able to access different modules of this course. They can either click on ‘Start Learning’ or on any one of the modules to access the content: a: The first module provides a brief introduction to the CBSE Science Challenge course b: The second module is the CBSE Science Challenge.
- Students of CBSE-affiliated schools have to fill in their Registration ID (to be provided by the school/ teacher) before accessing the quiz. Those not from CBSE schools are to skip filling this section (please leave it blank).
- All students who complete the course would be provided participation certificates, which will be issued online on the DIKSHA platform itself upon completion of the course.