Stallone faces assault probe
Los Angeles: US prosecutors have launched a probe to determine whether film star Sylvester Stallone should be charged in connection with a sexual assault reported last year, a spokesman said.
"A case was presented today by the Santa Monica Police Department regarding Sylvester Stallone," Greg Risling, a spokesman at the Los Angeles district attorney's office, said on Wednesday. "It is under review by our sex crime task force."
The case involves a woman who reported last November that the 71-year-old actor, best known for his roles in the Rocky and Rambo movies, had assaulted her in 1990.
Risling declined to provide more details about the alleged assault or to clarify whether California's 10-year statute of limitations applies in the case.
The allegation against the star comes in the wake of the #MeToo movement that has focused attention on sexual harassment in Hollywood.