Funds for fluoride filter
The cabinet on Tuesday approved Rs 103.69 crore for installation of solar-powered defluoridation plants, high-yield deep tube wells and water tanks, besides laying of pipelines, among other things.
- Published 6.06.18
Ranchi: The cabinet on Tuesday approved Rs 103.69 crore for installation of solar-powered defluoridation plants, high-yield deep tube wells and water tanks, besides laying of pipelines, among other things.
Over 323 hamlets spread over 15 water supply districts will be benefited by this projectto provide fluorides-free drinking water under the National Rural Drinking Water Programme.
Additional chief secretary (finance) Sukhdev Singh said the funds would be released in the current fiscal and the contractor who would be awarded the job would also be responsible for maintenance of the facilities for 10 years. He added that the work order would be given through an open tender.
The cabinet also decided that the state would complete the Rs 93.68-crore Kanchi irrigation project on its own after the Centre refused to extend financial aid. Release of Rs 85.75 crore was approved for completion of command area development and water management work.
For execution of Mahila Shakti Kendra Yojana in 20 districts, the state will release Rs 30.01 crore in the current fiscal. The project is worth Rs 59.71 crore and is expected to be completed within the next fiscal.
The Jharkhand State Building Construction Corporation has been nominated consultant for setting up software technology parks in Dhanbad, Jamshedpur, Deoghar and Bokaro.
• A private company has been given the work order for execution of municipal waste water project in Rajmahal area of Sahebganj district under Namami Gange Yojana. This company though qualified as the lowest bidder for this World Bank-aided Rs 50.59 crore project, it will be given Rs 52.97 crore which is 12.72 per cent higher than the officially approved rate
• A nagar panchayat will be formed in Mahgama block of Godda district encompassing 33 revenue villages
• NCDEX eMarkets will be engaged on nomination basis for transportation of foodgrains and other civil supplies from FCI godowns to SFC godowns and finally to PDS dealers across the state
• The Raksha Shakti University will adopt regulations of Jharkhand State Universities Act of 2000 for the appointment of teachers and employees
• Land surveyors (amins) will be given Rs 1,000 per day