- Published 22.04.17
• Patna: Gopalganj district magistrate Rahul Kumar on Friday ordered 23 residents of Khajurbanni to pay a fine of Rs 500 each for brewing country liquor. The action comes almost eight months after a hooch tragedy claimed 18 lives in the locality last year.
• Patna: Madhepura MP Pappu Yadav, arrested on March 27 for leading a protest to the Assembly premises, a prohibited zone, was released from Beur Central Jail on Friday.
• Patna: Education minister Ashok Choudhary on Friday sanctioned the release of Rs 544.27 crore in salary heads for teaching and non-teaching employees of state universities. The salary release has been made for March to May.
• Patna: District magistrate Sanjay Kumar Agarwal on Friday inaugurated a drinking water facility on the premises of the Patna collectorate.
• Patna: Gopalganj police on Friday nabbed three persons and seized two pistols and currency notes of Pakistan during a raid in an area under Kateya police station in the district. Hathua sub-divisional police officer Imtiyaz Amhad said criminal antecedents of the trio - Arfan Alam, Imran Alam and Imam, all residents of Gopalganj - were being verified.
• Patna: Animal resources and fisheries minister Awadhesh Kumar Singh inaugurated a three-day welfare camp for the tonga community at Nalanda University's Ajatshatru residents' hall ground in Rajgir on Friday. The camp will include skill development sessions for tonga operators and health check-ups for the horses.
• Katihar (PTI): An attempt to take a selfie on railway tracks proved fatal for three teenagers on Friday as two of them were killed and another was injured after a train hit them near Katihar junction here, police said.
The incident occurred at Lalpul bridge under Korha police station area.
While the deceased have been identified as Raushan Kumar and Sameer Chaudhary, Bittu Paswan suffered injuries in the accident as he managed to move away in time, Korha police station in-charge Anuj Kumar said.
A case has been registered and bodies have been sent for post-mortem at Sadar hospital, Kumar said.