Record 9th seriesVictory
• This was India's ninth successive series victory in Tests since August 2015 thus equalling the record held by Australia from October 2005 to June 2008.
• Dhananjaya de Silva (119) became the first Sri Lankan to retire hurt after making a Test century.
• Dhananjaya's century is the fourth Test century by a Sri Lankan batsman away from home in the fourth innings. The others are:
A. Gurusinha (102) in Hamilton, 1991.
S. Jayasuriya (112) in Adelaide, 1996.
K. Sangakkara (192) in Hobart, 2007.
• Roshen Silva became the fourth Sri Lankan batsman to make a duck and a fifty in the second innings on Test debut. The others are Roy Dias (77 vs England in Colombo, 1982), Athula Samarasekera (57 vs England at Lord's, 1988) and Dimuth Karunaratne (60 not out vs New Zealand in Galle, 2012).
• Sri Lanka's 299 for five is now the highest total by a visiting side in fourth innings of a Test match in India.