One Man Army likely to win the feature event
Calcutta: Trainer Vikash Jaiswal's speedy horse, One Man Army, may sprint away to victory in the 1,200m Time Machine Cup, Tuesday's feature event.
With P. Chauhan to gui-de the horse, manoeuvring of the Noverre son may become that much easy.
1. Bold Display Handicap 1,400m Rt 1-26
1. Yuvan (2) 2. Tantanaat (7) 3. Zara Go Zara (3)
It looks like a very close contest between the three named horses who are doing very well in their morning workouts..
2. Select Handicap, Div-I 1,100m Rt 1-46
1. Tibidabo (5) 2. Shape The Scape (4)
3. Dancing Prince (3)
Tibidabo and Shape The Scape are very closely handicapped but the former has a thick edge over his main rival.
3. Select Handicap, Div-II 1,100m Rt 1-46
1. Stelvio Pass (6) 2. Bournville (9)
3. Divine Magic (3)
Ignore Stelvio Pass's last run. He was a facile winner early in the season. Moreover, the horse belongs to a higher Class.
4. La Gitana Plate 1,400m Rt 1-26, maiden, 3-y-o only
1. Fire Opal (4) 2. Chitrakala (2) 3. Romanoff (9)
Fire Opal badly needed her last run. Of late, the filly has been burning the track. Give her another chance.
5. Fairy Heights Handicap 1,400m Rt 21-66
1. Iconia (10) 2. Vice Admiral (4) 2.3. Rustler (11)
Iconia is a youngster who has already won two races. Therefore, asking task may become uphill for Vice Admiral - a six-year-old who, however, was a good second to Venezia.
6. Time Machine Cup 1,200m Rt 61 & over
1. One Man Army (6) 2. Amorous White (1) 3. Brahmachari (3)
One Man Army is a speedy customer. The suspicion that he may peter out in the last 100m is slightly unfounded. Jockey P.S. Chauhan knows his job well.
7. Vibrant Handicap 1,200m Rt 41-86
1. Midnight Star (3) 2. Taygetus (1) 3. Simran's Choice (6)
Midnight Star is ideally handicap. His run behind Splash Proof was an impressive one.
8. Whiplash Handicap 2,000m Rt 1-46
1. jester (4) 2. Aquaticaa (5) 3. bambini festa (6)
Another very open race but Jester is ideally handicapped.
Day's Best: Stelvio Pass Double: Tibidabo & Fire Opal