
Shah Rukh Khan has been sent a Rs 2-lakh bill for the demolition of a concrete ramp he had built on a road adjacent to his house to park his vanity van.
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) notice was delivered at Mannat, the actor's sea-facing bungalow in Mumbai's Bandra Bandstand, on Tuesday.
On February 6, the BMC had served the actor a notice to demolish the concrete ramp that was built around nine years ago.
"Shah Rukh had been given a week's deadline but he did not pay heed to our notice. We had also told him in the notice that if he did not demolish the concrete ramp built on a public road, we would do it ourselves but he would have to bear the cost. When we did not hear from him for 10 days, we went and demolished the ramp...," an additional commissioner rank official said.
BMC sources said Shah Rukh had been in touch with the corporation and had indicated that he would pay up.
Report by our special correspondent





