New Ford EcoSport: more than a facelift
The Oval Blue company hasn’t been doing good but it has given the EcoSport a facelift to bring it back into the game.
Okay. Not a facelift as in a bumper change, but deeper. Ford claims the EcoSport has been “comprehensively redesigned with more than 1600 new parts”.
It has new rugged looks, sleek interior makeover and a brand new engine.
“The new Ford EcoSport comes with a formidable combination of fun, style and Technology,” said Anurag Mehrotra, president and managing director, Ford India.
“With its best-in-class power, safety, convenience and value proposition, it delivers significantly more at the same price. It is another game-changing product from Ford that, like its predecessor, raises the bar for compact SUVs.”
What it offers:
· Power of choice: An all-new three-cylinder 1.5L TiVCT petrol engine as well as the trusted 1.5L TDCi diesel engine. Both deliver outstanding fuel economy, segment-best power and Ford’s fun-to-drive DNA.
· Technology: SYNC 3 with a high-resolution 8-inch floating touch screen and Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™ compatibility.
· Features more than 1,600 changes including a bolder, distinct Ford signature grille, projector headlamps, fog lamp bezel, first-in-class versatile cargo management, plush and premium new interiors with leather seats.
· Greater convenience with an all-new six-speed Automatic Transmission, segment-first paddle shifters, cruise control and hill launch assist.
· Makes safety a top priority with dual front airbags and ABS as standard equipment; only compact SUV to offer up to six airbags for all around protection.
The new Ford EcoSport is available in five trims with seven colour options – Lightning Blue, Canyon Ridge, Race Red, Diamond White, Absolute Black, Moondust Silver and Smoke Grey.