The Telegraph
Wednesday , March 25 , 2015
 
CIMA Gallary

Ranaghat report to Delhi

New Delhi, March 24: The state government, which has sought a CBI probe into the Ranaghat rape-and-robbery case, today sent to Delhi a detailed report in the format prescribed by the department of personnel and training (DoPT).

"We received the report in the required format today. The request is under consideration. The final decision will be communicated to the Bengal government soon," said K.S. Dhatwalia, the DoPT spokesperson.

The CBI is under the administrative control of the DoPT, which reports to the Prime Minister's Office (PMO).

The state government had last week sent a request to the Centre, seeking a CBI probe into the Ranaghat incident. But the DoPT asked the government to re-send the request in the required format so that it could be forwarded to the PMO.

The decision to grant the state's request rests with Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

CBI sources said they were yet to receive any notification from the Centre asking them to take over the probe.

"Unless the government issues a notification, we cannot take over the case," a senior CBI officer said.


 More stories in Bengal

  • Ticket dissent erupts on BJP's face
  • ED questions Neotia on Suva company
  • Court unhappy with govt potato measures
  • TMC show
  •