Question: How do you rate 2006'
(A) Worth remembering
Wherever you tick, The Telegraph offers you a chance to find out how much of 2006 you will carry with you into 2007. Take the test and bid the year goodbye on a memorable note. Happy Quizzing!
They Said So
In 2006, who said:
1. Asli cinema to baaki hai
2. I am not a bigot
3. I wish I wasn’t… There is nothing good that comes out of that
4. I am a man before anything else
5. I think I may need a bathroom break, is this possible'
Bollywood never had it this good and Hollywood tried experiments.
1. In which film did Meryl Streep play a role based on the magazine editor Anna Wintour'
2. Clint Eastwood is making two films; Flags of Our Fathers and Lamps Before the Wind based on the same book (Flags by Paul Harris) and subject. Why two films on the same book and subject' And what’s the subject'
3. Which Indian musician is making a debut in Pamela Rooks’s new film Dance Like A Man'
4. Who was the first to be approached by director Anurag Basu for the title role of Gangster'
5. In November this year, which was the first full-length Hindi feature film to be shown at the United Nations'
6. Oscar-winning stunt supremo Vic Armstrong was the stunts supervisor for which Bollywood blockbuster'
7. Which Bollywood actor has started a film production company called Chasing Ganesha'
8. Madhuri Dixit has agreed to return to movies by signing a Yash Raj film to be directed by which National Award-winning cinematographer'
9. Whose marriage vows were said to include a passage stating that “young girls need dresses, food, affectionate happiness, little details, pots, little combs, perhaps even a cat”'
10. Complete the blank: 1978 and the Shah brothers; 2006 and….'
1. Which world champion’s girlfriend is the lead singer in the band El Sueno de Morfeo'
2. Who offered to pull stumps for the last time and thereby end a controversy, in exchange for $500,000'
3. Who became the first player to earn $8m in prize-money in one season, winning more ranking points than anyone before him, and winning 10 or more titles for the third season in a row'
4. Who quit at the age of 24, having won five Olympic gold medals and 11 world titles and established 13 individual world records. He first represented his country, Australia, when he was 15.
5. Why was Josip Simunic surprised to see yellow three times'
6. Theo Walcott of Arsenal was a surprise choice for England’s World Cup squad. Why'
7. He won five golds for India in the 2006 Commonwealth Games, but could not repeat the feat in the 2006 Asiad. Who am I talking about'
8. From being virtually nowhere at the beginning of the year, he ended the year at No. 37. Who'
9. Who became the first bowler to take 1,000 international wickets'
10. Which batsman broke Viv Richards’s long-standing record of most Test runs in a calendar year and also set the record for most Test hundreds (9) in a year'
1. Complete this list: Kate Grenville, MJ Hyland, Hisham Matar, Edward St. Aubyn, Sarah Waters …'
2. Connect Casino Royale with Mr India.
3. Jaya Bachchan was disqualified from her membership of the Rajya Sabha because she held which office of profit in UP'
4. Where do we see the Sehgals and the Marwahs feuding with each other'
5. What controversy was King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia involved in, when he visited India in 2006'
6. JK Rowling has announced the title of her last Harry Potter book. What is it'
7. Which offspring of Deepak and Bonnie Pandya was in the news recently'
8. He started the year as MD, and ended it as Senior VP. In between he received a notice from the income-tax department. Who are we talking about'
9. Name the Downing Street cat banished by Cherie Blair who lived in retirement until the age of 18.
10. According to Travel & Living Journal, which hotel in India has been voted the 2nd best in Asia and the best in India'
Compiled by Devdan Mitra
They said so
1. Lalu Prasad, to Harvard and Wharton students on the railways’ turnaround
2. Mel Gibson, apologising after a drunk-driving arrest tirade
3. Bill Gates, on his ranking as the world’s richest man
4. Zinedine Zidane, sent off in the World Cup final for head-butting Marco Materazzi
5. George W. Bush, caught on camera at a meeting of the UN General Assembly, scribbling a note informing secretary of state Condoleezza Rice that he needed to take a “bathroom break”.
1. The Devil Wears Prada
2. The subject is the Battle of Iwo Jima; one is from the US point of view and the other is from the Japanese side
3. Anoushka Shankar
4. Shoaib Akhtar
5. Lage Raho Munnabhai
7. Arjun Rampal
8. Anil Mehta
9. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes
10. Shankar Ehsaan Loy, the music directors of the 2006 version of Don. The Shah brothers were, of course, Kalyanji Anandji
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Darrell Hair
3. Roger Federer
4. Swimmer Ian Thorpe
5. Croatia’s Simunic was shown three yellow cards and one red in a World Cup match by Graham Poll, who mistakenly failed to send him off after the second yellow
6. The 17-year-old was still to start a match for his club
7. Shooter Samaresh Jung
8.Jeev Milkha Singh, India’s numero uno golfer
1.Kiran Desai. They were the short-listed writers for the 2006 Man Booker Prize
2.Daniel Craig played John Ballard in Elizabeth directed by Shekhar Kapur, the man behind Mr India. Ballard was the priest who tried to assassinate the queen.
3.The State Film Development Council chairperson
4.The film Corporate
5.He refused to pay homage to Mahatma Gandhi at Rajghat
6.Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
8.Naresh Gupta, the former MD of Adobe India. He has been recently transferred to Adobe’s global corporate office in San Jose, California, as Senior VP. He received a notice from the income-tax department after he repor-tedly paid a large ransom to secure the release of his kidnapped son
10. Hotel Oberoi Raj Vilas at Jaipur, with a score of 94. The best is the Four Seasons at Sayan, Bali, which scored 95. All others scored below 90