| Welcome to The Telegraph the largest circulated English daily in Eastern India. The Telegraph was launched on the 7th July, 1982, published by the ABP group of publications. The Telegraph in its short life span of 15 years has become the largest circulated English daily in the eastern region published from Calcutta. The Telegraph is the only English newspaper launched in post independent India which has overtaken the established market leader in the region. The reason for this success can be attributed to constant value addition to the product. |
In keeping with this philosophy The Telegraph has introduced a four page colour section called Metro devoted solely to Calcutta and its people. This appears from Monday to Friday. Apart from local news the Metro also reports on the social and cultural events in the city.
The Telegraph today offers, in addition to its extensive national, international, and business news a wide variety of reading material on special interests.
This internet edition is a part of the ongoing exercise of trying to reach more people interested in India and specifically the eastern part of the country. For Ad enquiries and details contact: ABP Limited 6 Prafulla Sarkar Street, Calcutta - 700001, INDIA Phone: 91 33 2374880 & 91 33 2378000 Fax: 91 33 2253240 & 91 33 2253241
- Monday: Knowhow � An eight page colour tabloid on science, computers and health.
- Wednesday: CareerGraph � a special eight page colour guide for students and graduates on the lookout for jobs and career opportunities
- Thursday: Telekids � an exciting eight page colour tabloid for children.
- Friday: etc � an eight page colour tabloid covering entertainment, television and cinema.
- Saturday: Weekend � four pages of entertaining weekend reading in colour.
- Sunday: Graphiti � A 32 page colour magazine.