|Welcome to The Telegraph
the largest circulated English daily in Eastern India.
The Telegraph was launched on the 7th July, 1982, published by the ABP group of
publications. The Telegraph in its short life span of 26 years has become the
largest circulated English daily in the eastern region published from Calcutta.
is the only English newspaper launched in post independent India which has overtaken
the established market leader in the region.
The reason for this success can
be attributed to constant value addition to the product.
In keeping with this philosophy The Telegraph has introduced a eight-page colour
section called Metro devoted solely to Calcutta and its people. This appears from
Monday to Sunday. Apart from local news the Metro also reports on the social and
cultural events in the city.
The Telegraph is also published from Guwahati ( to cater to the entire northeast),
Siliguri ( for North Bengal and Sikkim), Jamshedpur, and Ranchi ( for Jharkhand).
The Telegraph today offers, in addition to its extensive
national, international, and business news a wide variety of reading material
on special interests.
- Monday: Knowhow — a two-page section on science, computers and health.
- Tuesday: Jobs — a tabloid on jobs available, on how to approach interviews with interviews
on those succeeded and those who take interviews.
- Wednesday: Telekids — an exciting eight-page colour tabloid for children.
- Thursday: CareerGraph — a special four-page colour guide for students and graduates on
the lookout for jobs and career opportunities.
- Friday: Proper TT — a one-page section with information related to property and real estate.
- Saturday: Personal TT — four pages of entertaining
weekend reading in colour.
- Sunday: Graphiti — a thirty-two page colour magazine.In addition there is
a seven-page section called 7days and four pages of The Telegraph Classifieds in
This internet edition is a part of the ongoing exercise
of trying to reach more people interested in India and specifically the eastern
part of the country.