HIMSS Middle East to Organize the Inaugural UAE eHealth Week in Partnership with Leading Government Authorities and Healthcare Organizations
SINGAPORE, Nov. 16, 2015
SINGAPORE, Nov. 16, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- HIMSS Middle East will be organizing the Inaugural UAE eHealth Week in Partnership with the UAE Ministry of Health, Health Authority ?? Abu Dhabi (HAAD), Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) and Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC).
HIMSS Middle East, the global non-profit association for health IT, will bring this event to the Emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai from 7 ?? 10 December.
Travelling between the two cities, the UAE eHealth Week will equip delegates with practical know-how now for the UAE's rapidly increasing healthcare sector demands of tomorrow.
Projected to grow 7% from 2015 to 2020, the UAE healthcare sector is primed for success with strong support in the form of national plans including the now established Dubai Healthcare City and the future development of a nationwide medical records database.
The UAE eHealth Week will complement these national efforts by working alongside leading partners next month to address critical knowledge gaps through:
- Practical implementation of best practice during the EMRAM Stage 6 hospital tours
- International case studies on health information exchange implementation to share challenges and successes faced in governance and shared records
- Identifying how information exchange can empower population health
- Examining smart city initiatives for improved population health
- Technology demonstrations and practical applications for better care
- Recognition of outstanding ICT achievements through various awards (EMRAM, HIMSS-Elsevier and Integrated Innovations Award)
- Demonstrating the best local applications of international healthcare innovations
"HIMSS is delighted to be in partnership with key stakeholders in UAE. We are encouraged by the commitment of the UAE to enhance healthcare innovation and standards through best practice and education. HIMSS is looking forward to furthering these partnerships at the event and beyond," said Jeremy Bonfini, Executive Vice President, HIMSS International.
Host venues include Sheikh Khalifa Medical City, Corniche Hospital, and the Mohammed Bin Rashid Academic Medical Center.
Local, regional and international speakers include:
- Mubaraka Mubarak Ali Ibrahim, Director, Health Information Systems Department, Ministry of Health, UAE
- Ali Mohamed Al Ali, Director of Information Technology, Health Authority Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Dr. Mohammed Abdulqader Al Redha, Health Data & Information Analysis Department, Dubai Health Authority & Non-Resident Fellow, Mohammed Bin Rashid School of Government
- Beverley Bryant, Director of Digital Technology, NHS England
- Richard Alvarez, Former President and CEO, Canada Health Infoway, Inc., Canada
- Dr. Chong Yoke Sin, CEO, Integrated Health Information Systems (IHiS), Singapore
- Dr. Lisa Kennedy, Adjunct Faculty Member, Singularity University, USA
Registration is open. Visit www.uaeehealthweek.org for more information.