TT Epaper
The Telegraph
Graphiti
 
CIMA Gallary

Meet to boost college infrastructure

College co-ordinators-cum-nodal officers and principals discussed ways to implement the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan (Rusa) in the state during a workshop at PK Roy Memorial College in Dhanbad on Sunday.

Organised by the Rusa cell of Vinoba Bhave University (VBU), the workshop is a part of an administrative campaign that aims to chalk out the parameters for implementation of this centrally sponsored scheme.

Co-ordinators-cum-nodal officers of 17 different colleges — eight affiliated to VBU, seven constituent and two minority — of Dhanbad were informed about a fund of around Rs 228.55 billion that has been earmarked for the development of 316 state public universities and 13,024 colleges across the country under the 12th Five Year Plan.

“We instructed the principals to create an official email ID of the college immediately and send it to us so that all communication with regard to Rusa can be made via mail,” said Shambhu Dayal Singh, Rusa co-ordinator and head of history department at VBU.

As of now, only three colleges of Dhanbad — PK Roy Memorial College, BSS Women’s College and SSLNT Women’s College — have official email IDs.

The co-ordinators were also asked to prepare a plan for infrastructure development like improving the library and installing wifi among others. “We need to forwarded the plan for release of funds,” he said.

Rusa, a sequel to the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan and Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan, is a flagship scheme of the Centre that focuses on state universities and institutions.

Altogether 60 colleges under VBU spread over seven districts of Dhanbad, Bokaro, Giridih, Hazaribagh, Ramgarh, Koderma and Chatra are to be developed under the Rusa scheme.

According to the scheme, 65 per cent of the largesse for the development of the college will be provided by the Centre, while the remaining 35 per cent will come from the state.

VBU vice chancellor Gurdeep Singh, who chaired Sunday’s workshop, said: “Funds available under Rusa will help develop infrastructure in all our colleges.”

A similar workshop was organised on Saturday in Bokaro. For colleges of Ramgarh, Chatra, Girdih, Hazaribagh and Koderma, the workshop will be held at the university headquarters in Hazaribagh on July 15.


 More stories in Jharkhand

  • Free life coaching comes to state's suicide town
  • PRIVATE POWER
  • Excise lens on spurious liquor
  • Well done, year-old CM pats self
  • Letters
  • Tippler youth slays own family
  • Student's injured body fished out
  • CM gifts job joy to Soy, two others
  • Special train for Shravan rush
  • Belgians on blessed mission
  • Meet to boost college infrastructure
  • Minister guard found dead
  • PITFALLS OF CITY LIFE
  • Rain bounty returns this week
  • Trade Talk
  • State okays regular job
  • Mecon wins eco award
  • Quiz tests culture lore
  • Wide awake for World Cup