TT Epaper
The Telegraph
Graphiti
 
CIMA Gallary

‘Snake’ in meal, kids fall sick

Sitamarhi, July 5: Fifty-four students of a government middle school in Sitamarhi fell ill today after eating midday meal in which a “snake” was found, reports PTI.

Sursand block development officer Vinod Kumar said the children of Meghpur Middle School showed symptoms of nausea and fell unconsciousness after eating the meal. They were rushed to a nearby public health centre, given medicines and kept under observation. None were in critical condition, he said.

“We have seized the khichdi that was given to the students. A long, black object was found and we suspect it could be a snake. We will send the samples for tests,” said Vinod.

Sursand inspector Bimar Kumar Singh said the students ate the meal and then noticed the snake-like object in the large utensil in which it was cooked. They then reported feeling sick and began vomiting soon after.

A year ago, 23 children of a primary school at Gandaman village in Saran district had died after eating midday meal laced with pesticides.