Complainants at the public hearing on Ranchi master plan on Wednesday. Picture by Hardeep Singh
Like Day One like Day Two.
The second day of RMC’s public hearing on Master Plan 2037 saw empty chairs once again, as most people who had raised objections to the draft development for the capital city stayed away.
Of the 10 objections slotted for Wednesday, only five were put up before civic body representatives. On Tuesday, only four of the 26 complainants had turned up.
Wednesday’s hearing was for people and agencies whose queries pertained to commercial establishments.
Those affected in the past by road construction and widening projects in RMC areas raised concerns of similar problems when the master plan is implemented.
Deputy CEO Om Prakash Shah, who chaired the hearing, told The Telegraph that they did not receive any major objection on Day Two.
“People expressed their concerns regarding impact of road widening and beautification projects proposed under the master plan. Businessmen who have suffered due to widening projects in the past asked whether they would face trouble again and if yes, what should they do to minimise adverse impact on their businesses,” he added.
Shah further said all objections had been noted down and they would get back to the complainants after discussions with Feedback Infra Services Pvt. Ltd, which has prepared the master plan.
Those who turned up on Wednesday were Raju Sinha, Anil Kumar, Rahul, Vijay Kumar Ojha and Arvind Kumar Gupta. On the low turnout, RMC CEO Manoj Kumar said that individuals and outfits had lodged separate complaints, but were sending one or two representatives.
“For example, FJCCI members have lodged several complaints, but only one person from the outfit is turning up for the hearing. When we say we have received 123 objections, it does not mean that all complainants will turn up,” he said.
On Thursday, issues pertaining to agriculture land and miscellaneous cases will be heard. “Ten complainants have been informed for Day Three hearing,” said the CEO.