Justice Mukul Mudgal
The requirements are being reproduced verbatim:
The members of the Probe Panel consent to further enquire into the allegations/incidents that came to light during the course of its earlier enquiry conducted pursuant to the order this Hon’ble Court dated 08.10.2013. However, as this Committee was appointed with the consent of the BCCI and the Cricket Association of Bihar, in the earlier order, the Committee requests that a similar consent may be obtained again.
This Hon’ble Court sought the views of the Panel on the assistance it required, for conducting a further probe and in response to the same, the Panel seeks to state the following:
1. The Probe Panel requests that the following persons assist in the investigations:-
i. Shri M.L. Sharma IPS;
ii. An officer from Mumbai Police (preferably not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police);
iii. An officer from Chennai Police (preferably not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police);
iv. An officer from Delhi Police (preferably not below the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police);
v. A former cricketer of repute and integrity.
Since Shri M.L. Sharma is an officer from the 1972 IPS batch (Rajasthan cadre) and took voluntary retirement from service (Special Director CBI) on 8th September 2008, it is requested that his assistance be taken on such terms and conditions as this Hon’ble Court deems fit.
Further, the aforementioned persons should be permitted to co-opt such persons they repose trust and confidence in to assist in the investigation. Such persons shall be co-opted in consultation with the members of the Probe Panel.
2. The Probe Panel should be empowered to seek assistance of the Police Authorities in the States where investigation is to be taken up, the Sports Integrity Unit of the Anti-Corruption Branch of CBI and any other agency or Department of the Central and State Governments as and when required.
3. The Probe Panel and the investigating officers/persons attached to the Panel would be entrusted with suitable investigative powers as this Hon’ble Court deems fit.
4. All persons assisting the Probe Panel/investigating officers shall exercise their duties with utmost confidentiality, having regards to allegations and would act as officers of this Court.
5. BCCI would be requested to co-operate fully with the Probe Panel during the course of investigating. Further, the officials of BCCI would be required to abide by the instructions, if any, issued by the Panel from time to time, to ensure a fair and independent probe.
6. The Probe Panel would take the assistance of a Secretary and 2 other junior Advocates.