TT Epaper
The Telegraph
TT Photogallery
 
CIMA Gallary

Vincent: Bookie approached me

Lou Vincent

Wellington: Former New Zealand international Lou Vincent confirmed on Thursday that he failed to tell authorities when a bookmaker approached him about fixing a match in Bangladesh, but said that was the extent of any wrongdoing.

Vincent said he had pleaded guilty to breaching the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) anti-corruption code by not reporting the approach while playing in the scandal-tainted Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) last year.

“I confirm I rejected this approach at the time. There is no allegation or suggestion that anything untoward occurred beyond the approach itself,” Vincent said in a statement.

Vincent, who played in 23 Tests and 102 one-day Internationals for New Zealand, added: “I have no involvement in any of the matches, or matters involving the other parties which were the subject of recent hearings and investigation in Bangladesh.”

Shakil Kasem, a member of Bangladesh Cricket Board’s three-member Anti-Corruption Tribunal, confirmed on Wednesday that Dhaka Gladiators managing director Shihab Jishan Chowdhury had been found guilty of match-fixing.