TT Epaper
The Telegraph
CIMA Gallary

30-yr-old stabbed but stable, finger at in-laws

A 30-year-old man was operated upon at MGM Medical College and Hospital on Sunday after being knifed by unknown assailants and left to bleed along Kharkai river in Kadma police station area on Saturday night, amid allegations that his wife’s family was behind the attack.

Sheikh Nazir, a resident of Muslim Bustee in Adityapur, Seraikela-Kharsawan, was found lying in a pool of blood, when residents of adjoining Shastrinagar rushed him to the state-run health hub.

The victim had sustained critical internal wounds on his lower abdomen and a stab injury on the stomach. Nazir was senseless when he was found near Kharkai river, but his condition was pronounced as medically stable only after the operation.

The victim’s uncle, Mohammed Hussain claimed that Nazir’s in-laws, who reside in Dhatkidih, had assaulted him in a sequel to a family dispute.

Speaking to mediapersons, Hussain said Nazir, an employee of a private firm, was married to one Aisha about three years ago.

“Despite staying in the same house, the couple did not share a cordial relationship as Aisha disliked Nazir,” claimed Hussain.

The victim’s uncle said that nearly two months ago, Aisha came to know she was pregnant and underwent an abortion without informing husband Nazir.

“When Nazir came to know about the abortion, he scolded his wife,” he added.

Hussain further revealed that on Friday evening, Nazir was badly assaulted by his wife and brothers-in-law at the latter’s’ Dhatkidih residence, where the victim went to ask why his wife had aborted the child.

“Nazir had told me about the Friday assault, but he was again beaten up and knifed on Saturday night. Keeping the background in mind, I can say that his brothers-in-law were again responsible for the second more serious attack,” Hussain said.

Assistant sub-inspector Surendra Prasad, who is posted at MGM hospital’s camp police station, said the victim was still not in a condition to speak.

“We can take his statement only after he recovers. Once the statement is recorded, we will send it to Kadma police station as he was found from that area,” said Prasad.

 More stories in Jharkhand

  • Minister's promise ends health stir
  • India, what's that, ask Gulgulias
  • Parasnath website to aid pilgrims
  • Recruitment hopes for teachers
  • 3 injured in land row
  • State's dismal Ranji show
  • Tilkut munch for Ranchi
  • Cash fillip for green lung
  • Letters
  • 30-yr-old stabbed but stable, finger at in-laws
  • Rights activists' campaign to cleanse politics
  • 'Poor' blanket distribution among poor
  • Rape accused held in Delhi
  • MGM's expense blisters on burns
  • No taker for no-parking rules in busy Bistupur
  • Sand block for bus stand
  • Clouds to make way for cold
  • Silent war on state EC boss
  • 4 held for murder bid
  • Ramesh vows to free state from diseases
  • Sharing biz wisdom
  • JSEB split stokes 3-day strike plan
  • Capital's hi-tech fish mart stuck in delay
  • Trade Talk
  • Youth power on capital roads
  • Online employment exchange for tech-savvy youths