Calcutta: German Adrian Sutil will drive for Sauber next season, the F1 team said on Friday. The German will replace Nico Hulkenberg, who moved to Force India last week.
“I am very happy we found common ground,” Sutil said. “Although I have known for a while where I wanted to go, in the end the negotiations took a bit longer than planned.
“After six good years driving for Force India, with a lot of highlights, it’s now time to embark on a new challenge. I am determined to do my part in order to have a successful future together with the Sauber F1 team.”
Sauber team principal Monisha Kaltenborn said: “We are pleased that we were able to sign Adrian, we have been wanting to work together with him for a while.”
Meanwhile, FIA announced that it will award a pole position trophy next year to the driver who qualifies fastest the most times during the season. In the event of a tie, the holder of the most second places would win, with a further countback until a winner emerges.