TT Epaper
The Telegraph
 
CIMA Gallary

Team probes harass

A two-member probe team from the Prasar Bharti, Delhi, on Sunday inquired about the alleged mental harassment of a woman employee of Patna Doordarshan.

The team, comprising additional director-general Nitu Chandra and deputy director, Delhi, B. Prasad, questioned both the victim and the accused at the office before they returned to the national capital.

Navin Kumar Prasad, programme executive (Patna Doordarshan), who has been accused of harassing the woman officer, confirmed the visit of the investigating team.

Navin said he had written to the director, Prasar Bharti (Delhi), which functions under the ministry of information and broadcasting, urging the latter to send a team from the directorate to investigate the allegations. “I am confident that truth will come out,” he told The Telegraph.

The team, which came to Patna on Saturday, spent more than eight hours in office. The probe team also quizzed some other employees of Patna Doordarshan to ascertain the truth behind the incident, sources said.

Navin, the son of a retired IAS officer Saudagar Ram, had earlier lodged a complaint against the woman officer under relevant sections of the SC/ST Prevention of Atrocities Act. On the other hand, the woman officer had lodged her complaint with the Shastrinagar police station against Navin and food and consumer protection minister Shyam Rajak.

On Saturday, the woman officer approached the women’s helpline seeking its intervention to ensure justice to her. Sources said the helpline called up Rajak and informed him about the allegations levelled against him.

“We have asked the minister to appear before the helpline on Monday,” a personnel of the women’s helpline told The Telegraph. The minister has been accused of intimidating the complainant, who is posted as the programme head at Patna Doordarshan.