Kokrajhar, Sept. 20: An employee of the Assam State Electricity Board, Bansaram Barman, 55, died after being electrocuted at Diajijiri in Kokrajhar district last night.
Sources said Barman got electrocuted while he was repairing an electric line on top of an electric post.
They said the workers had asked the control room to switch off the power but after a few minutes it resumed power connection, which resulted in the fatal incident.
Barmanís family members and villagers staged a dharna in front of Kokrajhar power house today, demanding compensation for his kin. The protesters held the departments concerned and the power control room responsible for the incident. Barmanís body was handed over to his family this afternoon after post-mortem.