Try this Olympic Quiz. 1) For the 2012 London Olympics, where are the medals being stored for safekeeping? 2) If the Olympic motto is Citius, Altius, Fortius, what is the Paralympics motto? 3) In how many continents must a sport be played, before the IOC considers making it an Olympic sport for men? 4) Which famous person is the Artistic Director for the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony? 5) Ritually, the Olympic Torch is lit from the sun’s rays in which particular place in Greece?
1. Which legendary rock singer is nicknamed The Boss?
Kiran Basu, Calcutta
2. Friar Tuck and Little John were the companions of which literary character?
Aditya Ghosh, Calcutta
3. In the Ryder Cup (golf), against whom does USA compete?
Sumit Roy, Calcutta
4. Which human body part is often used as an unit of measurement to measure horses?
Rupali Chattopadhyay, Calcutta
5. What has the famous Victoria and Albert Museum in Mumbai been renamed as?
Bipin Hazra, Calcutta
6. In 2012, who won the Kia NBA Most Valuable Player award, the third time he received the honour?
Faisal Anwar, Calcutta
7. Which tourist destination would you be visiting, if you were on the island previously known as Gharapuri Island?
Soumendu Ganguli, Burdwan
8. Which famous actor has provided the voice-over for the light and sound show at Golconda Fort?
Soumik Bhattacharjee, Calcutta
9. Which animal secretes a thick red substance from its glands that acts as a sunscreen, but confused the Greeks in ancient times making them think it was ‘sweating blood’?
Nabankur Sen, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
The answers to the above questions are: 1) The Tower of London; 2) Spirit in motion; 3) Seven; 4) Danny Boyle; 5) Temple of Hera, Olympia
ANSWER & WIN
In the book Quidditch Through the Ages, the prevalence of what mode of transport is cited as the underlying reason for Quidditch never becoming popular in Asian countries?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: email@example.com"
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 15.07.12
Nabankur Sen, Calcutta
What do the 25 windows on the Statue of Liberty’s crown symbolise?
The Answer is: Gemstones found on earth and the heaven’s rays shining over the world.
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
POINT OF VIEW
1. Identify this director
2. Identify this cartoonist
1. Bruce Springsteen
2. Robin Hood
5. Dr. Bhau Daji Lad Museum
6. LeBron James
7. Elephanta Caves
8. Amitabh Bachchan
WHO AM I ? Deepika Kumari
POINT OF VIEW 1 Seth MacFarlane
POINT OF VIEW 2 Jim Davis