Patna, May 8: The cabinet today decided to release Rs 1,200 crore as the state government’s share of Sarva Siksha Abhiyan and create 67 posts of teachers at Nalanda Medical College and Hospital (NMCH) during the 2012-13 fiscal.
“The cabinet gave its nod to release the funds as part of the state’s 35 per cent share of Sarva Siksha Abhiyan during the 2012-13 fiscal. The remaining 65 per cent will be borne by the Centre,” cabinet co-ordination committee principal secretary Ravikant said.
The cabinet’s decision to create 67 posts of teachers at NMCH would help the health hub get10 new professors, 13 associate professors, 40 assistant professors and four tutors. The health department would spend Rs 3.59 crore as annual expenditure for appointment of teachers in NMCH.
The cabinet also agreed to release Rs 184 crore as honorarium for tola sewaks (village cluster helpers) for the smooth functioning of Utthan Kendra for Mahadalits during the 2012-13 financial year. The Utthan Kendra was established for pre-school educational training for children belonging to the Mahadalits.
Ravikant said to upgrade the tourist circuit in Bihar, the cabinet also agreed to constitute a scheme that aims at encouraging tourism in the state. As part of the scheme, hotels, motels and restaurants, which come under the unorganised sector and are located in popular tourist destinations, will get funds for renovation and modernisation.