This morning from 10, join us at the Royal Bengal Corporate quiz where Calcuttans are quizzing for a cause ó raising funds for the education of economically challenged children. The event is brought to you in association with The Telegraph. If you cant make it to the Hyatt Regency at 10:30, try these three questions: 1. Warren Buffet donated 10 million shares of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. stock to which charitable organisation? 2. In 2006, with which organisation did Barcelona FC strike a corporate deal for the first time? 3. What is the name of the project started by Mahindra in 1996, to provide education to underprivileged girl children?
1. We are familiar with Tangra in Calcutta for its Chinese cuisine, but in which continent would one find the Tangra Mountains?
Pranjal Kishore Sharma, Assam
2. Which 1976 film states in its credits that it was financed by five lakh farmers from Gujarat?
Tushar Singhania, Calcutta
3. Which comic book character causes a volcano to erupt on Jupiter when he is angry?
Amartyanil Chattopadhyay, Calcutta
4. Who has launched a political party named Bharat Swabhiman Andolan?
Stuti Pachisia, Calcutta
5. Who was the first African-American to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
Rohit Kumar, Assam
6. Which former womens tennis legend and World No.1 was stabbed on court in 1993, by an obsessed fan of Steffi Graf?
Sourjya Sarkar, Calcutta
7. Which is the only independent country in the world with no official capital?
Parvinder Bhatia, Jamshedpur
8. On whose story is the film Horton Hears a Who! based?
Prithwijit Ganguly, Calcutta
9. For which county cricket club does Muttiah Muralitharan play T20 cricket?
Avirup Basu, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
1. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
3. Nanhi Kali
ANSWER & WIN
Which river has been declared Indias National River?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: email@example.com"
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 19.02.12
Avirup Basu, Calcutta
Which author has released books under the pseudonym of Newt Scamander and Kennilworthy Whisp?
The answer is: J.K. Rowling
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
POINT OF VIEW
1. Identify this scientist
2. Identify this actress
4. Baba Ramdev
5. Ralph J Bunche
6. Monica Seles
8. Dr Seuss
WHO AM I ? Richard Levi
POINT OF VIEW 1 Ronald Ross
POINT OF VIEW 2 Amy Jackson