London: Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez will face disciplinary proceedings for alleged breaches of contract after manager Roberto Mancini had said he refused to come on as a substitute in a Champions League game, the club announced on Wednesday.
Tevez was suspended last month while the club investigated his conduct in the match at Bayern Munich on Sept. 27. According to Mancini, the Argentine international refused to come on during the 2-0 defeat.
The club has been conducting an investigation into the events of 27 September at the Allianz Arena, City said in a statement on their website.
The club has now reached a stage in its investigation where it has concluded there is a case for Carlos Tevez to answer of alleged breaches of contract. Accordingly the club has informed him that he will face disciplinary proceedings and the hearing will be convened shortly. Carlos will be required to report to Roberto Mancini for training on Thursday.
Professional Footballers Association (PFA) chief Gordon Taylor said the evidence against Tevez justified a disciplinary hearing.
If the evidence justifies a flagrant breach, for example a direct refusal to play, then (a sacking) is a possibility.