Fourteen episodes in the can...the shooting was over and done with yesterday. All set then to go on air next Sunday at 10.30 a.m. on Colors. Yes, the iconic Bournvita Quiz Contest (BQC) for schools is back. The new series features 27 schools that have been past winners. The final will be aired the Sunday before Childrens Day. The multiple award-winning programme has been shot at exotic locales in the past: the backwaters of Kerala, the beaches of Sri Lanka and Goa, the rugged valleys of Himachal and even snazzy Singapore. The episodes that go on air next Sunday have been shot in Calcutta, the hometown of the quiz master and producers of the show. Catch all the traditional BQC goodness along with new attractions that include the gorgeous Saumya as co-quiz master, a Hinglish feel and a chance for everyone (including all readers of this column) to feature in a new round called Main Bhi Quizmaster. Exciting Sunday mornings ahead. I am so excited. Hope you are too.
1. According to industrialist Warren Buffet, the three Is are Innovators, Imitators and ___________?
Beethi Basu, Chandannagar
2. The literal meaning of which term in Latin is and the rest?
Sujoy Banerjee, Howrah
3. In India, who is the only parliamentarian to be elected from four different states at different times — Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Delhi?
Nupur Roy, Calcutta
4. In about 1842, who built the large tank with a red stone pavilion in the Red Fort called Zafar Mahal?
Nitin Shah, Jamshedpur
5. Which famous Indian was a special invitee along with Pablo Picasso at the Sao Paulo Biennial in 1971?
Priyanka Banerjee, Calcutta
6. Who invented the Wonderland Postage Stamp Case to promote letter writing?
Indrani Raha, Calcutta
7. Who played the character of Budhia Manikpuri in 2010 the film Peepli Live?
Supratik Sanyal, Ranchi
8. Who is the first player to score 1,000 runs in IPL history?
Moniporna Sen Gupta, Batanagar
9. Which is the state tree of Uttar Pradesh?
Anita Sen Sharma, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
In 1982, colour television was introduced in India specially to broadcast the 9th Asian Games held in New Delhi
ANSWER & WIN
Which famous musician composed the raga Priyadarshini in the memory of Indira Gandhi?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: email@example.com"
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 24.07.11
Anita Sen Sharma, Calcutta
Which is the only country in the world to issue stamps that dont have the country of origin printed on them?
The answer is: The United Kingdom
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
POINT OF VIEW
1. Identify this sportsperson
2. Identify this politician
2. et cetera
3. Atal Bihari Vajpayee
4. Bahadur Shah II
5. Maqbool Fida Hussain
6. Lewis Carroll
7. Raghubir Yadav
8. Adam Gilchrist
WHO AM I ? Mallika Sarabhai
POINT OF VIEW1 Li Na
POINT OF VIEW2 George Osborne