TT Epaper
The Telegraph
TT Photogallery
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
WEEKLY FEATURES
CITIES AND REGIONS
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
 
CIMA Gallary
Email This Page
Fire kills one, guts house

Sonepur, March 14: A family was left without home and food as a man died in sleep when his house was gutted in Baidyanath, about 12kms from here, in the wee hours today.

Sources said that around 4am, villagers saw smoke coming out of a house and found that the owner of the house, Sankar Sandha (40), had been burnt beyond recognition.

Fire brigade officers reached the village and extinguished the fire in the morning. But the house had been completely gutted and Sankar was dead much before their arrival. There was no one else in the house when the incident occurred as his family members had gone out.

Police sources said that all the members of the family had gone to attend the marriage of a relative and Sankar returned home alone in the night. He lit a kerosene lamp and laid on the floor of his thatched hut. The straw roof of the house somehow caught fire and the house was completely gutted, leaving him dead.

Sankar is survived by his wife Banita and four young children. The deceased was a landless person and was running his family working as a daily wage labourer.

“I don’t know how will I raise my children. Now I am left without a home and food. All the food and other valuables in the house have been burnt. We have nothing now,” said the deceased’s wife.

Police reached the spot and seized the body. A post-mortem was conducted at the district headquarters hospital here.

Top
Email This Page
 
 
Bharat Matrimonial 21012010