TT Epaper
The Telegraph
Graphiti
 
IN TODAY'S PAPER
WEEKLY FEATURES
CITIES AND REGIONS
ARCHIVES
Since 1st March, 1999
 
THE TELEGRAPH
 
 
CIMA Gallary
Email This Page
410 model schools for students in backward blocks

Patna, Dec. 24: After the huge success of Mukhya Mantri Cycle Yojana and Poshak Yojana (uniform scheme) for schoolchildren, the Bihar Government has decided to set up 410 model schools at different blocks of the state.

The decision was taken after a delegation led by human resource development (HRD) department principal secretary Anjani Kumar Singh held a meeting with HRD officials in New Delhi.

The model schools will be opened under the National Scheme for Secondary Education for which the Union government will bear 75 per cent of the expenditure while the state government will bear the remaining 25 per cent.

Each school will be constructed an area of 5 acre and the schools will be equipped with all basic infrastructure including modern facilities.

The main aim behind opening the model schools is to provide better and quality education to students particularly in rural areas so that they do not lag behind urban centre students.

The team which visited New Delhi presented a project before the HRD officials and it was okayed by the Centre.

As per the scheme, meritorious students would be admitted in the schools through examination. Each school will be built at a cost of Rs 3.07 crore and all schools would be set up in educationally backward areas.

KK Sinha, director, secondary education, said: “There are around 530 educationally backward blocks in the state and these schools will be set in these blocks only.”

Apart from these under the National Scheme for Secondary Education each middle secondary schools will be provided Rs 50,000 for maintenance ever year.

There are many secondary schools in State which are in poor state due to poor maintenance and it requires urgent care for renovating these schools.

It has also be been decided that 4000 secondary schools will be upgraded as high schools and a sum of Rs 30 lakh has been sanctioned for each schools. The construction of model schools and up-gradation of middle schools to high school schools is a continuous process and in first phase, most educationally backward schools will be selected.

The new scheme is to give impetus to state government’s aim to improve education scene in state.

Nitish Kumar in his first term constructed 15,000 new schools at village and block level. Apart from these, 16,000 primary schools were upgraded to secondary level and more than 3000 secondary schools were upgraded to higher secondary level at the same time.

One lakh schools rooms have been constructed by government with many at even at remote corners of the state in the NDA government’s first term.

The initiatives have turned around the education scene in the state and also shot up the attendance of children, particularly girls, in schools.

Top
Email This Page

 More stories in Bihar

  • Fugitive arrested
  • Governor clips outgoing VC's wings
  • Civic body project to quench thirst
  • Choubey sets goals for docs
  • Holidays cut, classes on
  • Friends kill student for ransom
  • Link roads to cut short routes
  • VC absence fuels uproar
  • Live beam of Guru Govind anniversary
  • Chaos at sale of entrance forms
  • Human diseases in dogs cause for alarm
  • Cyber crime unit cries for officers
  • 410 model schools for students in backward blocks
  • PG gates open to all
  • Multiplexes peek from closed curtains at old theatres
  • Tiger reserve management test
  • Naxalite walks into police net
  • Growth fails to bring work for foreign trade office
  • Teenage crime scares society
  • Civilian vigil to check corruption
  • Nestled in relics of warrior's fort, Quila House has tale to share with French and Chinese
  • Late start spoils winter vacation fun
  • Remote hamlet prospers under church service
  • Seminar focus on caste rights