Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund has launched BSL Capital Protection Oriented Fund Series 2 that seeks capital protection by investing in high quality fixed income securities maturing in line with the tenure of the scheme and capital appreciation by investing in equity and equity related instruments. The fund intends to invest around 80 per cent of the capital in high quality debt instruments and the rest 20 per cent shall be invested in high growth stocks. The minimum application amount is Rs 5,000 and it is a 36-month close-ended fund. The fund shall be open for subscription till May 21, 2010.
Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company has introduced an easy to buy traditional life insurance plan called Invest Plus Premier. The plan offers guaranteed investment return for each financial year. It also offers continuation of life cover after payment of at least three annual premiums.
Union Bank rate
Religare Mutual Fund has launched a monthly income plan — Religare Monthly Income Plus — with asset allocations to gold, equity and debt. The new fund offer is on till May 11. Minimum investment is Rs 5,000 for growth option and Rs 25,000 for dividend.