I spent the second week of November travelling in Uttar Pradesh. Here are four questions from my diary: 1) The land for which Unesco World Heritage site was acquired from the Kachhwahas of Ajmer in lieu of four havelis? 2) Which cuisine, introduced during the reign of Nawab Shuja-
ud-daula, literally means ‘choking off the steam’? 3) Chikan work has traditionally been done on which colour? 4) The name of which city in Uttar Pradesh literally translates as ‘the forest of the tulsi tree’? (Answers below)
1. Who shared his Nobel Prize with Thomas A. Steitz and Ada E. Yonath?
Mohona Sahu, Howrah
2. Which prime minister of India was the brother of Krishna Hutheesing?
Sundip Sengupta, Calcutta
3. Dilscoop, a cricket stroke, has been named after which player?
Rajdeep Biswas, Hooghly
4. In The Mahabharata, who took the name Brihannala at King Viratas palace?
Pritam Basak, Calcutta
5. Who was the music director of the 2007 film Cheeni Kum?
Nishit Doshi, Ranchi
6. Who wrote 187 Men to Avoid: A Survival Guide for the Romantically Frustrated Woman?
Debopriya Das, Assam
7. Which state of India is the largest producer of flowers?
Rohit Bhattacharya, Barasat
8. Punakha is the ancient capital of which country?
Rajen Ghosh, Calcutta
9. Who was the only bachelor to be elected president of the US?
Narayan Das, Calcutta
KNOW GROW WITH DEREK
1. Taj Mahal 2. Dum Pukht 3. White 4. Vrindavan
ANSWER & WIN
Mary Ann Evans was the real name of which author?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: [email protected]
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 08.11.2009
Narayan Das, Calcutta.
The flag of which country features the words ‘Ordem E Progresso’?
The answer is Brazil.
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
||Identify this actress
POINT OF VIEW
1 Name this politician
2Identify this sportsperson
1 Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
2 Jawaharlal Nehru
3 Tilekaratne Dilshan
6 Dan Brown
9 James Buchanan
WHO AM I ? Katie Holmes
POINT OF VIEW 1 Abu Azmi
POINT OF VIEW 2 Moises Henriques