Even if you are not a business quiz fan who hops from one corporate quiz to another, enjoy these: 1) In 1965, why was the scheduled fourth five-year plan not implemented? 2) In 1973, which company began operations with the launch of 14 small aircraft from Memphis International Airport? 3) In the late 1890s, when a chemist at Friedrich Bayer and Company developed a medicine to relieve his fathers arthritic pain, which brand did he create? 4) Who became the first woman engineer on the shop floor of TELCO? (Answers below)
1. Which country was referred to as Serendib by the Arabs?
Debojyoti Hazra, Belur
2. Whose autobiography is Long Walk to Freedom?
Romita Singh, Calcutta
3. In the Harry Potter series, what kind of a creature is Aragog?
Sudhan Dutta, Konnagar
4. In 2005, who presented the first Outcome budget in India?
Ashish Bagchi, Calcutta
5. Who was the first Indian sportswoman to feature on the cover of Time magazine (South Asian edition)?
Shraddha Reddy, Calcutta
6. Which large mammal is also known as Morse?
Deepika Shaw, Howrah
7. Which union territory did Subhas Chandra Bose rename Swaraj and Shaheed Islands?
Sundari Mohan Purohit, Calcutta
8. According to The Ramayana, who was the father of Dasaratha?
Kumudini Basu, Kalyani
9. Service Before Self is the motto of which institition in India?
Abhijit Nandy, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
The answers to the quiz are: 1) Because of the Indo-Pak conflict; 2) Federal Express; 3) Aspirin; 4) Sudha Murthy
ANSWER & WIN
Which peak is known as Kumbhkaran Lungur in Nepali?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: email@example.com
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 27.9.2009
Abhijit Nandy, Calcutta.
Who is the Chairman of the Planning Commission of India?
The answer is Dr Manmohan Singh.
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
||Identify this actor
POINT OF VIEW
1. Name this politician
2. Identify this sportsperson
1 Sri Lanka
2 Nelson Mandela
4 P. Chidambaram
5 Sania Mirza
7 Andamans & Nicobar Islands
9 National Defence Academy
WHO AM I ? Rupert Grint
POINT OF VIEW 1 Anders Fogh Rasmussen
POINT OF VIEW 2 Kim Clijsters