Lots of quizzing news. Birla High School for Girls won the inter-school event Confident Minds showcasing their mathematical, thinking, speaking and quizzing skills. A week later, the boys from classes 9-12 from Don Bosco, Park Circus emerged champions from amongst 83 schools at an inter-school quiz presented by a soft drink major. Next Sunday (August 30), companies in the city will quiz for a cause at the Royal Bengal Corporate Quiz. Two-member teams from companies who wish to participate, call 9830276877. The entry fee will be used by Round Table India to fund the education of underprivileged children.
1. Who is the only person to have been awarded two unshared Nobel Prizes?
Subhashish Acharya, Burnpur
2. Name the worlds first country to have a complete system of bank notes made from plastic.
Alokananda Bhattacharya, Howrah
3. At 73 years, who was the oldest elected president of the US?
Chaitali Kundu, Tezpur
4. The name Aila was among eight names for cyclones submitted by which country?
Nandogopal Sahu, Calcutta
5. Which country is the leading dental gold fabricator, accounting for roughly 28 per cent of the market?
Mrinalini Ray, Hooghly
6. Which work, written by Narayana Pandit, deals with four tantras or secrets?
Kinshuk Banerjee, Burdwan
7. Name the first actress to win a Best Actress Oscar for a non-English film.
Roshelle Liang, Calcutta
8. Which city, formerly known as Vijayapuri, was the capital of the Adil Shahis?
Brinda Ghosh, Calcutta
9. Which is the only father-son duo from India to take a wicket in their first over of an ODI?
Arinjit Chatterjee, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
If a carpet has a RugMark label, it means that the rug was made without the use of child labour.
ANSWER & WIN
Which word comes from a Latin word meaning little tail?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 2.8.2009
Arinjit Chatterjee, Calcutta.
Which player from Deccan Chargers claimed a hattrick in IPL 2009?
The answer is Rohit Sharma.
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
POINT OF VIEW
1. Identify this politician
2. Name this Bangladeshi cricketer
1 Linus Pauling
3 Ronald Reagan
7 Sophia Loren
9 Sunil and Rohan Gavaskar
WHO AM I ? Giselle Monteiro
POINT OF VIEW 1 A. Raja
POINT OF VIEW 2 Shakib Al Hasan