We conclude our tribute to Indias quizzing ranis. Meet Preyoshi Ganguli from Ballygunge Shiksha Sadan and St Xaviers College, now at the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. She is the best I have seen on the circuit in the last decade. Smart, knowledgeable and, above all, humble. Another champion is Rituparna Dey (G.D. Birla school). A few years ago, she won the All-Asia BQC which was shot in Sri Lanka. It was only after she was crowned the winner did her teacher tell us that Rituparna had lost her father a few days ago. We salute you, young ladies.
1. Who was the vice-chancellor of Aligarh Muslim University from 2000-2002?
Juned Alam, Ahmadpur
2. Which is the only dog with a bluish-black tongue?
Subhro Sarkar, Bankura
3. Which US President was given the code name Renegade by his Secret Service handlers?
Pramod Sinha, Calcutta
4. Which bird appears on the flag of Albania?
Preeti Das, Assam
5. The Royal Chitwan National Park is located in which Asian country?
Partha Sarkar, Calcutta
6. Summer 2008: The gang of Punjab arrives with a bang! is the tagline of which 2008 film?
Nabajyoti Bharali, Sonari, Assam
7. Which Mughal emperor was born in 1483 in the principality of Fergana?
Madhab Mondol, Jamshedpur
8. Who was the only finance minister to present two budgets on his birthday?
Rohit Gutgutia, Calcutta
9. The name of which self-defence system means way of spiritual harmony in Japanese?
Samaresh Saha, Calcutta
KNOW & GROW WITH DEREK
Nutcracker was the first all ladies team in the Open Quiz circuit. Scared Heart School, Jamshedpur have been the most dominant girls team in school quizzes on television.
ANSWER & WIN
Who is the author of India: From Midnight to the Millennium?
For Answer and Win, send a quiz question of your own along with the answer. The prize will go to the reader with the correct answer and the best question. Send in answers with your full name and address to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winner of the Answer and Win
Quiz published on 12.7.2009
Samaresh Saha, Calcutta.
Which food item literally means paste in Italian?
The answer is Pasta.
For queries about Answer and Win, please contact 22804093
POINT OF VIEW
1. Who is this politician
2. Identify this football coach
1 Shri Mohammad Hamid Ansari
2 Chow Chow
3 Barack Obama
6 Singh is Kinng
8 Morarji Desai
WHO AM I ? Hilary Swank
POINT OF VIEW 1 Sushil Kumar Shinde
POINT OF VIEW 2 Carlo Ancelotti